MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Translator applications

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Translator applications

Post  Reluck+ on Sat May 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Please read this before posting to apply.

What is a translator?
I think this is pretty much self-explanatory. Basically a translator is someone who translates from another language (whether it be Chinese, Japanese, Korean...etcetc) into English.

What am I expected to do?
You are obviously expected to be fluent in another language (aside from English), and you must be able to at least type out understandable English translations. Also, you are expected to follow a script format. More information will be given to you when you apply.

What do you mean by "understandable English translations"?
1. No text talk or shortening any word (e.g., ur here [you're here], i lyk him [I like him]...etcetc)
2. Although I'm aware that most speech bubbles don't have punctuation, it's usually safe to add a comma or an ellipsis after each bubble. If there is any confusion, feel free to send me a pm.
3. No direct translations. If there is really something you don't know, you can consult your family/friends, your dictionary, or me (if and only if it's in Chinese).
4. Do NOT leave anything blank or skip translations, the only exception is for sound effects. We will work something out once I receive an application from you. Whatever the reason, don't leave anything blank. Understandable if you accidentally left something out, but do it often and I will notice. Then I'll get mad at you, and you don't want me raging at you ;P

Any other questions? You can ask in your reply below, try to catch me in our chatbox here, send me a private message, or email me at angelltlau@hotmail.com (but please don't send in applications to my email. I'd appreciate it if you post under "Applicants").

→Application format;
Create a new topic here. DO NOT post a reply to this sticky. Only post here if you have a question.

Title of your topic: Your username: Translator application
Age (or age group, 12-15, 16-18, 18+):
Experience (if any):
Genre(s)/Project(s) you'd like to help with:
Language(s) and fluency:
Time zone:
(Download the test according to your language. There will be instructions on the test folder for you. Note that this will be slightly different from a cleaner or a typesetter. You will not be posting any links to your translations. This is to prevent others from copying your work and claiming it as their own. Instead, you will be sending the links directly to Classicalitys or Mizuouji.)

→Test download;
Chinese Test
Japanese Test

Thank you very much for applying!
(Although it seems like we have a lot of rules, we're not as strict as you think ;D)

Final note: If you are a guest, please leave an email or some sort so that we can reply you. Thanks.

Reluck+
Admin

« Written »: 202
« Here since »: 2012-05-09
« Age »: 20
« Home »: Canada

View user profile http://raynsandlele.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top